Get started with Stride
Take your first steps in Stride
Stride and Hipchat Data Center
- What is the difference between Hipchat Data Center and Stride?
- In what situations would you recommend Hipchat Data Center vs. Stride?
- Does this mean that Hipchat Data Center will no longer receive investment?
- Why didn't you rename Hipchat Data Center as Stride Data Center?
- Will there be a self-hosted version of Stride?
- Will Hipchat Data Center get any of the features that Stride has? (i.e. message editing)
- Can I migrate from Hipchat Cloud to Hipchat Data Center?
- Can I migrate from Hipchat Data Center to Stride?
I don’t see my question here. Where else can I look?
Please see the following FAQ pages:
Stride and Hipchat Data Center
At their core, both Hipchat Data Center and Stride are team communication tools with the goal of supporting team collaboration. Although there may be some overlap in features, they are two separate products built for two different deployment use cases. They also leverage different technology and have different feature sets.
The primary difference between Hipchat Data Center and Stride is the deployment model—Hipchat Data Center is self-hosted and Stride is in the Atlassian Cloud.
More specific feature differences between Hipchat Data Center and Stride today include:
- Identity management: Hipchat Data Center supports SAML and integration with active directory. You can get SAML in Stride by signing up for Atlassian Access.
- Actions and Decisions: Provide structure for on-topic, productive communication and tie your team's conversations to action-oriented outcomes. Mark any message as an Action or Decision with a single click.
We recommend Hipchat Data Center if you're in a highly regulated industry such as healthcare or finance, have compliance requirements, are a governmental agency, or just prefer to run self-hosted software. HipChat Data Center complements our other self-hosted products with seamless integrations. And if you are committed to standardizing on Atlassian self-hosted products, Hipchat Data Center is the right choice for your team.
On the other hand, Stride is the complete communication solution built to best meet the current and future needs of our cloud customers. Stride gives you the tools to go beyond messaging with collaboration tools like Actions and Decisions. Re-architected from the ground up, we believe that Stride is the best option for any team looking for a cloud solution.
No, Hipchat Data Center will continue to be our self-hosted team communication offering while Stride focuses on serving our cloud customers. We are doubling down on Hipchat Data Center to provide our self-hosted customers with an experience customized for their needs.
Although they are both team communication tools, they are two separate products architected for two different deployment use cases. They also leverage different technology and have different feature sets.
Stride and HipChat Data Center are two separate products, and it's possible that we may add features into Hipchat Data Center that Stride already has. However, the two products have been purpose-built for different audiences with different needs.
Although they are both team communication tools, they are two separate products architected for two different deployment use cases. They also leverage different technology and have different feature sets. There may be some overlap between features. However, there will not be feature parity as each product is being optimized for different customers.
Yes. Please open a support ticket to get an export of your Hipchat Cloud users, rooms and history, which can be imported into Hipchat Data Center.
We don't currently have a mechanism to migrate customers from Hipchat Data Center to Stride.